LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Remaster the old LEGO games

5 posters

Go down

Remaster the old LEGO games Empty Remaster the old LEGO games

Post by shafirsabbag Fri 21 Jun 2013, 1:32 pm

I think LEGO should remaster the games that they released between 1999-2005. I meant remaster not remake, the games. The games such as "LEGO chess" and "LEGO racers" and "LEGO football mania" for example. Most of the games are not playable on the new Windows systems and the only way you can play most of the games is by using a virtual driver which not all people as access of. Besides i think that the new generation should see the old games, which is in my opion better than the current ones produced by TT Games, except LEGO Undercover which is my favourite LEGO games out there so far, since it really gave the feeling like in LEGO Island 2. Most of the games TT games produces are the same gameplay but with new characters, which makes everything getting pretty boring after you played the first two games. I would either want LEGO release a remastered version of "LEGO racers", "LEGO chess", "legoland" etc, or have the gameplay be just like LEGO undercover with an original storyline which is not based on a movie with humour and interactive gameplay. In other words make the gameplay just like LEGO Undercover.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members Remaster the old LEGO games Empty

Back to top Go down

Remaster the old LEGO games Empty Re: Remaster the old LEGO games

Post by rioforce Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:27 pm

Yea, that would be nice. Unfortunately, LEGO doesn'tdo that type of thing. The "new generation" (people born in the 21st Century) don't know about those games, because they are all too young to remember them. You could contact TT games maybe and tell them how you don't like their games how they are boring and such. That sometimes helps. User feedback is important to game companies.
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Fri 21 Jun 2013, 2:32 pm

rioforce wrote:Yea, that would be nice. Unfortunately, LEGO doesn'tdo that type of thing. The "new generation" (people born in the 21st Century) don't know about those games, because they are all too young to remember them. You could contact TT games maybe and tell them how you don't like their games how they are boring and such. That sometimes helps. User feedback is important to game companies.

What do you mean by "21st Century"? Do you mean people that are born in 2000? How am i supposed to contacted them?
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members Remaster the old LEGO games Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Fri 21 Jun 2013, 4:12 pm

I love the TT games and won't change them. They have much content, and funny to play.
I can still play the LEGO racers game on my Vista computer.
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Remaster the old LEGO games Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesster Fri 09 Aug 2013, 9:54 pm

I think a bigger issue would be that most of the companies that created said games are long gone, and the individual developers scattered - and who knows what happened to the original source code and assets. Most of the classic games work well on modern computers anyway, either out of the box or with a couple of settings changes at most.
jamesster
jamesster
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Remaster the old LEGO games Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by jedi299 Sun 25 Aug 2013, 1:07 am

jamesster wrote:I think a bigger issue would be that most of the companies that created said games are long gone, and the individual developers scattered - and who knows what happened to the original source code and assets. Most of the classic games work well on modern computers anyway, either out of the box or with a couple of settings changes at most.

Another problem is that LEGO has this wierd thing where they want nothing to do with their old content. I have never played any of these games, but would love to. I just think that LEGO's weird thing about old content *COUGHLego UniverseCOUGH* it won't be possible.
jedi299
jedi299
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Remaster the old LEGO games Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down