LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe

+2
CapnSkye
rioforce
6 posters

Go down

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe Empty New Parental Controls For Lego Universe

Post by rioforce Wed 25 May 2011, 4:08 pm

Adventuring families,

In order to ensure that LEGO® Universe remains a fun, safe online gaming experience for all its players, we have recently released Playtime Schedules, a tool which allows parents to easily ensure that their children spend a healthy amount of time safeguarding Imagination from the Darkitect.

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe Pic2354741C9DB975342F281201EAD23F8B

If you are the parent of a Minifigure in LEGO® Universe, Playtime Schedules will now allow you to specify when your child can or cannot log in, as well as how many hours a week they can play. In this manner you can now easily balance LEGO Universe with other fun and important activities, like homework, family time, and little league!

Parents - There are a few steps that must be followed to use Playtime Scheduling (and all other Parental Controls), but we will walk you through the process. First, you will need to link your LEGO.com account with your child’s. To do so, simply:

1. Visit our website: http://universe.lego.com/ (you’re already here!)
2. Login to your child’s LEGO account by clicking "Sign In" in the upper right corner
3. Once you have been signed in, you should be redirected to the LEGO Universe page. Click on the “My Account” button (again in the upper right corner)
4. Under “Get Your Account Managed,” click on the “Setup Account” button
5. Enter the parent’s User Name and password
6. Check the box indicating that you are the parent/legal guardian
7. You will now go through basic Identity Validation. Either choose “Instant Validation” to enter information online quickly, or “Manual Validation” to scan or fax documents in to us. Choose whichever you prefer!

Once your account is linked to your child’s, you can use our new Parental Controls! Just follow these simple steps:

1. Log out of you child’s account
2. Log into the parent Account by clicking "Sign In" in the upper right corner.
3. Select the "My Account" tab in the upper right corner.
4. Click "Edit Parental Controls" (Please note that if you do not see this option, then the accounts of you and your child have not yet been linked)
5. Simply mark the enclosed schedule blocks as green (times when it is alright to play) or grey (times when play is not allowed), and voila! You’re all set!

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe Pic2F649C90DCE295F44B6F6584BE1026C8

Kids - You will receive a message when your playtime is nearly up. There will be a 5 minute notice, giving you plenty of time to let your friends know you'll be back to fight off the Maelstrom later!

We look forward to seeing all of you – both kids and parents – in LEGO Universe!
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe Empty Re: New Parental Controls For Lego Universe

Post by CapnSkye Wed 25 May 2011, 4:33 pm

Oh boy! now I can have a limit on my time in LU! YAY!
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe Empty Re: New Parental Controls For Lego Universe

Post by Cabey9 Wed 25 May 2011, 4:42 pm

I hope my parents don't see this.... Razz
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracer Wed 25 May 2011, 4:51 pm

Such A GREAT feature for us kids
Tracer
Tracer
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

New Parental Controls For Lego Universe Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Wed 25 May 2011, 5:01 pm

Virtual Cookie to all that think the time limits are GOOD for you! *Yummy*
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Wed 25 May 2011, 7:55 pm

I agree with all of you. Why would we kids want our time on LU to be limited? This is a kinda weird thread to be on a forum about LU were all the users are kids.
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Thu 26 May 2011, 12:14 am

Ugh... not the identity validation again... *facepalm*

So let me get this straight.

I'm the dad of Junior, Jr.

I want to limit his time.

So instrasd of unplugging the computer, I think it safer to enter my Social Security digits or DLN online just so I can limit their time using the game's coding.

Yeah. That'll happen. They need to figure out somethig different. Razz
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Thu 26 May 2011, 4:39 pm

lol. I guess parent just can't control their children. Can't get them to stop playing LU.
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Thu 26 May 2011, 5:32 pm

Well, studies say that most MMOs are addictive. Smile
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Thu 26 May 2011, 6:01 pm

FD_LegoFan101 wrote:Ugh... not the identity validation again... *facepalm*

So let me get this straight.

I'm the dad of Junior, Jr.

I want to limit his time.

So instrasd of unplugging the computer, I think it safer to enter my Social Security digits or DLN online just so I can limit their time using the game's coding.

Yeah. That'll happen. They need to figure out somethig different. Razz

Is that how it goes??? Whistle That was how the Best Friends feature went during Beta! And since my Dad would not do that, rioforce and I could not be on each other's prop while one of us was building on it!

Man, Lego really, really needs to come up with a different way to limit playtime and make Best Friends.
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Thu 26 May 2011, 7:14 pm

Yea. That's really bad. This thing is getting REALLY BAD reviews.
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracer Thu 26 May 2011, 7:15 pm

rioforce wrote:Yea. That's really bad. This thing is getting REALLY BAD reviews.

i think the idea is dumb, if kids were supposed to be at little league they would be AT little league, not in LU
Tracer
Tracer
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Fri 27 May 2011, 6:28 am

lol. And, if you wanted to play at a time that was not in your time limit, say you had the night off or something, it would take quite a while to switch everything around.
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracer Fri 27 May 2011, 7:05 am

FM_CapnSkye wrote:lol. And, if you wanted to play at a time that was not in your time limit, say you had the night off or something, it would take quite a while to switch everything around.

ya! what if little league was canceled because of rain or injury?

(little league is an example here)
Tracer
Tracer
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down