LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU!

+4
TheJester
FD_LegoFan101
Cabey9
le717
8 posters

Go down

Should Lego Give Out Beta Tester Shirts To Beta Tester Who Play For Free?

Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Vote_lcap92%Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Vote_rcap 92% 
[ 11 ]
Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Vote_lcap8%Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Empty Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU!

Post by le717 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:27 pm

I am giving out a warning about free to play LU. I know that it is free, and that there is no moderation. But, did you know that you can't get any good rewards in f2p, not even your Beta tester shirt? I just found that out, as you will see below.

Live Chat between a Brick Buddy and le717 wrote:Issue Type
In-game
Thank you for your Ingame question, le717...a member of the LEGO Universe Support Team will be with you in a

moment.
le717: Hello? Is anyone there?
le717: I have a in-game problem that I need to be fixed.
[BB]Iiberuu: Hi there, Brick Buddy Iiberuu here.
Sorry about the wait.
[BB]Iiberuu: How may I help you today?
le717: Hello!
le717: I am a Free-to-play player of Lego Universe, and I also Beta tested the game under the same account, the account that I am talking to you with right now. I see that there is an in-game achievement for beta testing the game,which is the beta tester shirt
le717: Well, I signed up for the free-to-play version of LU with the same account that I
beta tested with, and I did not get my Beta tester shirt. Could you perhaps get it for me? My Lego ID which I used to beta test the game AND am playing F2P LU with now is "le717".
[BB]Iiberuu: I'm afraid that if you are on Free to Play account, I cannot give the rewards to you.
le717: Do you mean to tell me that the Beta tester shirt is only for playing members?
le717: That is crazy!
[BB]Iiberuu: I'm afraid so.
le717: I have not played LU since beta, and I cannot buy the game.
le717: So I thought I could get it in f2p
le717: Could you ask someone higher than you if you could get it for me?
[BB]Iiberuu: We are not even supposed to offer support to Free to play members. All support is given via the FAQ section of our website.
le717: Well, then the FAQ needs to be updates with that info, because it says nothing about that.
[BB]Iiberuu: I see. I will let our dedicated team know.
le717: Ok. Thank you for your time.
[BB]Iiberuu: However, I will not be able to provide you with the Beta rewards/
[BB]Iiberuu: No problem at all.
[BB]Iiberuu: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
le717: no, that is it. thank you
[BB]Iiberuu: Cool. Bye!
le717: bye!
Chat has ended

That is crazy! I really thought I could get my beta tester shirt, but can I? Nope! Take my warning: If you want to play LU for free, and you beta tested, be prepared not to get your beta tester shirt! Mad
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Empty Re: Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU!

Post by Cabey9 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

What is all this 'We are not aloud to give support to F2P members."?! That is crazy.
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Empty Re: Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU!

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:02 pm

The lack of support I can somewhat understand. (Remember how long it took to get support before? Imagine it now that there's TONS of people coming in, in addition to those who were already here. Razz)

What I don't get is the Beta Shirt deal. It's just a shirt, and if they participated in the Beta Test, they deserve it.
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by TheJester Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

Does this count to the pre-order code?
TheJester
TheJester
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Warning if you want to play Free-to-play LU! Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:17 pm

I publicized the information to make sure that players are more aware of the issue. Smile

I'm currently contacting Support regarding the Pre-order Astronaut code/whether or not it will work.
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by Tracer Wed 10 Aug 2011, 4:48 pm

you do understand that a good bit of the subcription fee is paying the support people, why should they work for u if you aren't paying them?
Tracer
Tracer
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Wed 10 Aug 2011, 8:15 pm

I mean, the mod team doesn't even have to lift a finger to give you the Beta Shirt. It is all automatic.

1. You're LEGO ID is in their computers if you tested

2. There is a string of code in Lego Universe that tells the computer to give you a virtual shirt.

3. You have your reward.

NOT IN F2P!!!
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by JediGuineaPig Thu 11 Aug 2011, 2:05 am

my brother is annoyed with this, he got 5000 minifigs in the great minifig mission on his account but did not get the reward when he logged in with the f2p!!!!
JediGuineaPig
JediGuineaPig
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Thu 11 Aug 2011, 9:34 am

I see someone voted no. Razz

Please alert us, no-sayer (Razz), as to why you believe it would be so terrible for an automated system to give a Beta Tester the shirt they deserve. Razz
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Thu 11 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

FD_LegoFan101 wrote:I see someone voted no. Razz

Please alert us, no-sayer (Razz), as to why you believe it would be so terrible for an automated system to give a Beta Tester the shirt they deserve. Razz

Oops. I think I clicked the wrong button last night. Embarassed Sorry! I meant to vote YES!
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Thu 11 Aug 2011, 5:35 pm

Wow, that is just terrible. So F2P members don't even get help? That stinks Sad .
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 12 Aug 2011, 1:08 am

Well, if F2P members can get help. The whole system will crash. Imagine how many people is playing the game. The paid members will not get help in a quick period of time if F2P members can get help too. And if the paid members can't get help asap, they will hate the services of the game. And they will not continute the sub., and Lego will lost money. (You need to know not all people in the game are Lego fans.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Fri 12 Aug 2011, 11:14 am

DrKelvin wrote:Well, if F2P members can get help. The whole system will crash. Imagine how many people is playing the game. The paid members will not get help in a quick period of time if F2P members can get help too. And if the paid members can't get help asap, they will hate the services of the game. And they will not continute the sub., and Lego will lost money. (You need to know not all people in the game are Lego fans.)
Yes, I agree. Some of the F2P members I know not on here complain because of the lack of content, but you know they cannot just give the game out for free. They'd be losing money and no one would need to pay for the game. That's why F2P members will upgrade, whether it will be soon or later, it will happen to most.
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down