LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database

+4
CapnSkye
Hobino
Sim533
vanish
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database Empty Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database

Post by vanish Fri 28 Jan 2011, 5:36 pm

Hello All! My name is Vanish and I would like to invite you to check out Lunibook, a database for LEGO Universe. If you have ever played World of Warcraft, it is similar to WoWHead.

We can't post any links on the official website, so promoting the site has been difficult.

It is a big undertaking, so there is a ton of details we have yet to add to our system, but we (the very tiny staff) are working hard in our little spare time to add as much as we can to the site. We're currently going through the entire game a third time, trying to get as many details about the missions as possible. We'd love to add helpful hints on the entries, and the community would be a huge benefit in that department.

We would very much like to hear some feedback on the site:

Does the layout work for you?
What is the information you would like to see?
What kind of search feature would be of use to you?

Of course, we will accept any other feedback you might have as well! Lunibook awaits you!
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database Empty

Back to top Go down

Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database Empty Re: Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database

Post by Sim533 Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:40 pm

Hey, good work with the site! I'm speechless. The image pics in your database are a little - point, but the rest is excellent!

If you need help, there are alot of users here that can help you. Let us know!
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database Empty Re: Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database

Post by Hobino Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:42 pm

Thought advertising sites is not allowed on the forum so far, this will be accepted because it is more like a project and I suppose you will need all the help you can get.

Anyway, what I saw looks good! So fast fast, here is the main things that I think should be change/add.

But really, this is great!
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:45 pm

Sim533 wrote:Hey, good work with the site! I'm speechless. The image pics in your database are a little - point, but the rest is excellent!

Thank you much for your kind words. I am curious what you mean about the image pics. Are they not coming through for you , or is it just the lack of images for some content (see: bricks, most models)?
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:47 pm

FM_Hobino wrote:Thought advertising sites is not allowed on the forum so far, this will be accepted because it is more like a project and I suppose you will need all the help you can get.

My apologies, I did read the Forum rules before posting, but I did not read #8 closely enough. If I have crossed the line please feel free to remove my post.

I'll make some comments on the rest of your post soon Smile busy night.
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Fri 28 Jan 2011, 6:50 pm

vanish wrote:
Sim533 wrote:Hey, good work with the site! I'm speechless. The image pics in your database are a little - point, but the rest is excellent!

Thank you much for your kind words. I am curious what you mean about the image pics. Are they not coming through for you , or is it just the lack of images for some content (see: bricks, most models)?
I can see the image pics, however most of the are not the correct ones, have you thought of using Nexus HQ?

For example, here you can see my items.
http://nexushq.universe.lego.com/en-us/character/details/150/Sim533

You can copy the image pics and use them on your site.

Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Fri 28 Jan 2011, 7:14 pm

Sim533 wrote:
For example, here you can see my items.
http://nexushq.universe.lego.com/en-us/character/details/150/Sim533

You can copy the image pics and use them on your site.

All the images we've brought in over the past week are pulled directly from Nexus HQ. The original items we entered by hand have hand cropped images, and will be replaced with Nexus HQ images very soon.
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Fri 28 Jan 2011, 7:23 pm

FM_Hobino wrote:
But really, this is great!

Thank you for looking at the site and the thoughts.

1.) Ads - I'm going to replace the big one with a different one, outside the content. I can't remove them completely, need to pay for hosting.

2.) Optimization is definitely needed now that we got a substantial amount of items in the database.

3.) Absolutely on the list. I have tagged some items to the vendors already (see http://lunibook.com/character/Sofia_Amalgam/352 Items For Sale Tab) but we really need a filter on the characters tab.

The factions are in the database, but I need to give them some decent content. Would you consider Pirate / Ninja a faction ( I know the player can't join, but I might consider some NPCs members of those factions)?
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Fri 28 Jan 2011, 10:38 pm

Wow! Very nice! I dont have much time too look throught it all now, but i will later and tell you how it works for me. But from what I see, it is looking very good!
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 6:55 am

http://lunibook.com/objectedit.php?objectID=447

^^ Yes, I know that I'm not an admin. Razz

I guess that everything will go a little bit faster if you had some new admins.

Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Sat 29 Jan 2011, 8:16 am

vanish wrote:The factions are in the database, but I need to give them some decent content. Would you consider Pirate / Ninja a faction ( I know the player can't join, but I might consider some NPCs members of those factions)?

Maybe not factions, but group? Like Ninja/Pirate Member. Or something with the name of the world, like GF Pirate and FV Ninja.
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:07 am

Sim533 wrote:http://lunibook.com/objectedit.php?objectID=447

Hehe... yeah for sure. Its just hard finding the right people. I'd be interested in help if I knew the person was going to do a good job!

Also,I wanted to let you know I fixed the issues that you commented on. It's great to have someone that will let me know when things are broken. Very Happy
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 9:34 am

vanish wrote:
Sim533 wrote:http://lunibook.com/objectedit.php?objectID=447

Hehe... yeah for sure. Its just hard finding the right people. I'd be interested in help if I knew the person was going to do a good job!

Also,I wanted to let you know I fixed the issues that you commented on. It's great to have someone that will let me know when things are broken. Very Happy
I'm always happy to help, the code you used to create your site does not seems to be difficult.

I can help with the values for armor, health and imagination in the category ITEMS. It's just that I don't want to make comments for all that, that is double work for you and me.

No problem, I'm happy to help you where I can. I also tryed to start some LU guides, but it somewhat failed because the leader (not me) was inactive and so on. The LU guide that you currently create is the most wonderfull I ever saw.

Keep the work up, buddy!
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Sat 29 Jan 2011, 11:04 pm

Cool site!

I've got tons of info on Mythrans/Macros/GM-items, if you would want any extra help. Smile
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Tue 01 Feb 2011, 12:12 pm

Sim533 has been giving me a lot of help which is awesome.

We've done quite a few updates, and I'm working on a little bonus project for our registered users, generated signatures showing your faction and equipped items.

I'm fairly sure we've got every item listed in Nexus HQ (and some you can't even search for ;/). We added a Frostburgh with its characters and collectibles. LEGO Club got a page and we've even got the vendors covered here. Another new feature is the Factions page, but we need more content there. Not to mention many smaller updates and additions.

I try to post most of our updates on our Twitter Feed.
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Thu 03 Feb 2011, 5:16 pm

The signature generator is available to any who wish to test it. It WILL require an account at the site when it goes "live" but I am leaving it open to all to try for now.

Here is a sample: lunibook.com/signatures/Overbuild/DonutCrazy/dragon.png
Simply put your server where it says Overbuild (Overbuild, Exeter, Storm), Character Name where it says DonutCrazy. dragon is the only template available at the moment. I'll make more but for now I need to get back to working on the rest of the site.

Lunibook - A Lego Universe Database Dragon

If you are an artist and would like to create a base template, please contact me.
The current available items to display are:

• The 7 items slots
  • Life, Armor, Imagination icons and/or values
  • Faction emblem or icon

My only requirement on a template is you must show the [url="http://lunibook.com/images/lunibooklogo.png"]lunibook logo[/url] on it somewhere. You may resize / recolor it.
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Thu 03 Feb 2011, 9:12 pm

Maybe I could help more now that I have the game. So, if you need anything from in-game well just ask me! Or if it is anything else.

Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Sat 05 Feb 2011, 2:36 pm

Sim533 was kind enough to build an easy to use interface for the Signature Generator.
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Sun 06 Feb 2011, 8:29 am

WOW! The Signature Generator is awesome!
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Sun 06 Feb 2011, 12:24 pm

We've fixed the registration page for IE8.

Although, after seeing how much uglier Lunibook looks in IE8, I suggest downloading Firefox or Chrome Very Happy
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kodi The Valiant! Mon 07 Feb 2011, 12:46 pm

Hobino, yer already rank 3!?
Kodi The Valiant!
Kodi The Valiant!
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Mon 07 Feb 2011, 6:33 pm

I would like to say that we finally have the sets included on the site. The stats are listed in the tab at the bottom of applicable items.

Example:
Adventurer Coat Rank 3
Buccaneer Hat 3
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by vanish Mon 07 Feb 2011, 8:07 pm

Anyway, we've got a list now, Armor Sets as well as pages for each set, eg. Knight Rank 3

Edit: I've just fixed the Internet Explorer bug that was causing the page to cut off halfway through loading. Give it another shot if you were having issues with the site before.
vanish
vanish
Venture Graduate
Venture Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by BrokenSqueakyHammer-Theta Fri 11 Feb 2011, 10:37 pm

Wow, the signature Generator looks awesome,
BrokenSqueakyHammer-Theta
BrokenSqueakyHammer-Theta
Initiate
Initiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Sat 12 Feb 2011, 8:29 am

The Achievements, Missions and Characters page would be nice with a filter.

You should add the AG Survival and the GF Shooting Gallery to the World page as Instance.
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next