LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGO Creator Harry Potter

4 posters

Go down

LEGO Creator Harry Potter Empty LEGO Creator Harry Potter

Post by shafirsabbag Tue 02 Apr 2013, 1:50 am

LEGO Creator Harry Potter had the license of LEGO in 2002. It were the very first Harry Potter, not LEGO Harry Potter year 1-4. Even if LEGO creator Harry Potter did not have the advanced technology in the game did it at least give space for building which were encouraged LEGO Harry potter 1-4, at least not what i recognized in the PC version. All the characters such as Hagrid, Dumbeldore, Hermoine, etc were in the game and also the whole set which were also shown in the game. I wonder why it took so long for LEGO to release a "real" game with Harry Potter, and not to mention LEGO creator, which took form as LEGO Undercover. It took eight years Before it got released. Could not LEGO let voltage software (the team that developed LEGO racers) to take on the challenge, or any other game company that made there previous generation games?

Now do we have a Marvel LEGO set and game which is also produced from TT games. I took a look at a site and it said that the age rate of the game is 12. Usual it is for online games that people can communicate in English, so i have my suspision that the game can also be a multiplayer game as a single player game, since the LEGO games are not scary.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Creator Harry Potter Empty

Back to top Go down

LEGO Creator Harry Potter Empty Re: LEGO Creator Harry Potter

Post by Nenen Tue 02 Apr 2013, 11:50 am

We have the Disc... but we can't play it on our computer.. it says that we need "More space" when we have a few GBs and it needs only MB.....
Nenen
Nenen
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Tue 02 Apr 2013, 12:39 pm

Nenen wrote:We have the Disc... but we can't play it on our computer.. it says that we need "More space" when we have a few GBs and it needs only MB.....
I suppose you have Windows 7 or 8. There is two soloutions. You can either run the program in Windows XP compabalitle, or you can download and run windows virtual driver, if you have a upgraded version of windows 7. I has tried windows virtual driver with one of my older game discs and it works nearly like the windows XP computers, some minor bugs might happen but it is better than nothing, right?
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Wed 03 Apr 2013, 12:34 pm

Nenen wrote:We have the Disc... but we can't play it on our computer.. it says that we need "More space" when we have a few GBs and it needs only MB.....

On Vista, 7, or 8, try running the installer as Administrator and in Compatibility mode (most likely for Win XP SP3) To do that, right click on the installer, go to Properties. Press Run as Administrator at the bottom of the window, and go to the compatibility tab and check "Run in Compatibility". Then select Windows XP Service Pack 3.
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Wed 03 Apr 2013, 2:29 pm

rioforce wrote:

On Vista, 7, or 8, try running the installer as Administrator and in Compatibility mode (most likely for Win XP SP3) To do that, right click on the installer, go to Properties. Press Run as Administrator at the bottom of the window, and go to the compatibility tab and check "Run in Compatibility". Then select Windows XP Service Pack 3.
Do this technque also work on other old LEGO games, for example LEGO chess or LEGO stunt rally?
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Fri 05 Apr 2013, 6:48 pm

shafirsabbag wrote:
rioforce wrote:

Do this technque also work on other old LEGO games, for example LEGO chess or LEGO stunt rally?

@ Nenen Sounds like the LEGO Racers 2 installer, which has a crazy (more like flawed) 2GB RAM limit. That particular error can be fixed by running it under Windows 98/ME compatibility, or by using my LR2 Alternate Installer. I would try what rioforce suggested for getting it installed.

@ Shafir Usually, yes. I won't go technical on you since I doubt you'll understand it, but the main reason the older LEGO games fail to install is due to old computer technology. Most of the time, the trick rio suggested will work. If not, there sometimes is an alternate installation method/installer out there that works (That's semi why I want to own all the old LEGO games, to make modern alternate installers for them).

LEGO Chess? Good luck playing that if it installs. It barely runs on modern computers. This LP will clearly show that, but go ahead and play it if you want to.

le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Sat 06 Apr 2013, 2:37 am

le717 wrote:
shafirsabbag wrote:
rioforce wrote:

@ Nenen Sounds like the LEGO Racers 2 installer, which has a crazy (more like flawed) 2GB RAM limit. That particular error can be fixed by running it under Windows 98/ME compatibility, or by using my LR2 Alternate Installer. I would try what rioforce suggested for getting it installed.

@ Shafir Usually, yes. I won't go technical on you since I doubt you'll understand it, but the main reason the older LEGO games fail to install is due to old computer technology. Most of the time, the trick rio suggested will work. If not, there sometimes is an alternate installation method/installer out there that works (That's semi why I want to own all the old LEGO games, to make modern alternate installers for them).

LEGO Chess? Good luck playing that if it installs. It barely runs on modern computers. This LP will clearly show that, but go ahead and play it if you want to.

Then i have to stick with windows virtual driver, it lets me at least install some of the older games i have (luckuly all LEGO games). I has played the game many times Before and the only reason i am gonna play it again is to make a "walkthrough" about it. Honestly that best game computers windows ever made were windows XP.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down