LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for an upcoming interview!

+4
steelersrule12
jamesster
rioforce
Nealybealy
8 posters

Go down

Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty Questions for an upcoming interview!

Post by Nealybealy Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

I would like to announce that I am interviewing with Colleen Nachtrieb, a User Interface Designer for LEGO Universe! Before I do the interview, what questions do you think I should ask? Tell me them here and then, once I get all my questions together, I'll ask her! I'll give the interview to LF101 when it's all done.
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty Re: Questions for an upcoming interview!

Post by rioforce Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:33 pm

Here's one:

Tell him that in Beta, you could hide the LU UI by hitting F10. But now, it has been disabled. Why doesn't he bring it back? It would help SOOO many movie makers.
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty Re: Questions for an upcoming interview!

Post by Nealybealy Tue 04 Oct 2011, 6:26 pm

AM_rioforce wrote:Here's one:

Tell him that in Beta, you could hide the LU UI by hitting F10. But now, it has been disabled. Why doesn't he bring it back? It would help SOOO many movie makers.
Uh... One thing: That "him" is actually a "her". Lol I'll ask her that.
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesster Tue 04 Oct 2011, 11:33 pm

Ask about how the UI went through so many changes through testing - The UI went through three major designs through alpha and beta, and pre-alpha screenshots show even more earlier designs. I'm curious about how she (and anybody else working on the UI) determined what worked and what didn't, and in general, just what went into making it easy to use and functional. There's no doubt the one in the final game is best (especially compared to the UI design that lasted from alpha until early beta, which seemed a bit crude and hard to tell your health, armor, etc at a glance). But I would like to know how they went through refining, tweaking, and overhauling it at times so it was easy to use and looked good.
jamesster
jamesster
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Wed 05 Oct 2011, 7:03 am

Another great question! Jamesster, I'll be sure to ask that one!
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

Well considering she is a designer,i guess i will be the simple one to just ask what new stuff they plan to release other then ninjago. I mean i love ninjago and what the future is for that but i would like to know when guilds and other themes like kingdoms come out. Or even when nexus city comes out?
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by jamesster Mon 10 Oct 2011, 11:55 am

I'm not sure she would be able to talk about that, she's probably under an NDA... Crushinator is a developer, and he can't talk about upcoming content. I don't see why she would be able to.
jamesster
jamesster
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Mon 10 Oct 2011, 1:01 pm

Like Jamesster said, I don't think she'd be able to answer that. And she does UI, not worlds.
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by steelersrule12 Mon 10 Oct 2011, 2:11 pm

Yeah i wasn't expecting like a full answer but usually every interview i see gives a little sneak peek of some kind,so it's worth a shot.
steelersrule12
steelersrule12
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:18 pm

Well apparently Elementron has decided to do the interview with me! I'll still have the UI questions answered by the other person, but Elementron will answer the rest. So, have any questions?
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelian Sat 15 Oct 2011, 10:54 am

Maybe I should have asked the UI designer this but.

Honneybbb would like to know if there is a "gear bucket" in the works. I made a suggestion a wile back about being able to group six or less pieces of gear in one slot, or grouping them together so that it's easier to equip multiple gear at once. You would be able to take and remove items from said group(s) whenever necessary.

I even thought of a name "Honeycomb".

Do you think you could ask him that please?
Aurelian
Aurelian
Venture Explorer
Venture Explorer

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Sat 15 Oct 2011, 12:36 pm

Aurelian wrote:Maybe I should have asked the UI designer this but.

Honneybbb would like to know if there is a "gear bucket" in the works. I made a suggestion a wile back about being able to group six or less pieces of gear in one slot, or grouping them together so that it's easier to equip multiple gear at once. You would be able to take and remove items from said group(s) whenever necessary.

I even thought of a name "Honeycomb".

Do you think you could ask him that please?
I'm asking them. I thought of that before, never had time to send it as a suggestion Razz.
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Sat 29 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

AM_Nealybealy wrote:Well apparently Elementron has decided to do the interview with me! I'll still have the UI questions answered by the other person, but Elementron will answer the rest. So, have any questions?

YES! YES! YES! I have a question for Elementron!

le717 wrote:All throughout Beta, in the settings menu, there was a "Controls" tab. But the only thing under it was a "Reset to defaults" button, which IMO was pretty pointless, since there were no controls to change.

About Mid-Beta, people starting asking on the LU Beta LMBs how to change the controls in LU. The official response, which was made sticky until the close of Beta, was to modify an XML file.

Flash forward to the Power of the Nexus Force update, the controls tab made a come back, but with one control to change this time. The control has to do with the Action bar.

In that same XML file that was modified in Beta to change the controls, there are lines that deal with a gamepad (I think it refers a Xbox 360 controller). Those lines deal with free camera movement, and (I think) movement in general.

Since those lines are already in the XML file, they are already partly implemented in the game. But they are not active yet.

My question is this: Since those lines in the XML file are proof that Xbox 360 controllers can be used in LU, why has that not been implemented fully yet? And since that same XML file was used in Beta to change the keyboard controls, and it worked successfully, why hasn't a UI been built into the game to change the controls? And when will custom controls officially come out? I own a Xbox 360 controller, and sometimes I would LOVE to play LU with it.
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Sat 29 Oct 2011, 7:18 pm

Actually le717, I've heard that someone has already got an Xbox 360 controller to work for LEGO Universe! I think they had to do some stuff, but idk for sure.
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Sun 30 Oct 2011, 5:03 pm

AM_Nealybealy wrote:Actually le717, I've heard that someone has already got an Xbox 360 controller to work for LEGO Universe! I think they had to do some stuff, but idk for sure.

Did you see that piece of info on the LMBs? On topics asking about controller support?

Because you might be talking about me. Razz

You see, I answered a few threads on the LMBs that asked about this, and this was my response: use Xpadder.

Xpadder is a piece of software that emulates any key on the keyboard onto a game controller. All that Xpadder needs is that the controller is already seen by the computer.

I tried it in Beta, and it worked, and someone in Live 1 said that it still worked! (as of mid-year).

I would still like my question answered, though.

BTW, if you ever find one of those threads, if there is a person's post on there, and that person is called "le717", then that's me. Razz
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunthe Sun 30 Oct 2011, 10:23 pm

So, when is this interview taking place?
Hunthe
Hunthe
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

Hunthe wrote:So, when is this interview taking place?
I sent the questions, so I'd expect he's in the process of finishing them.
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueKnightSam Thu 03 Nov 2011, 9:04 pm

Could you ask if there is any stickers coming along? That would help Builder out A LOT Very Happy
BlueKnightSam
BlueKnightSam
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Fri 04 Nov 2011, 2:42 pm

BlueKnightSam wrote: Could you ask if there is any stickers coming along? That would help Builder out A LOT Very Happy

Yea! That tool is in LDD Extended mode. I hope it gets into LU. Very Happy
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunthe Fri 04 Nov 2011, 6:33 pm

Is he still going to answer them, even though LU is in a pit of despair?
Hunthe
Hunthe
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy Fri 04 Nov 2011, 7:19 pm

I think that's why he never got back to me...
Nealybealy
Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueKnightSam Fri 04 Nov 2011, 10:22 pm

Uh this is probally useless now> Shocked
BlueKnightSam
BlueKnightSam
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members Questions for an upcoming interview! Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down