LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Build a Pirate Ship!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Build a Pirate Ship!

Post by Cabey9 on Thu 30 Jun 2011, 8:02 am

Here's July's LU Building contest! I've already built my ship. Razz

Ahoy, ye mischievous Nexus Force sea devils! As one Nexus Force scalawag to another, I have a favor for ye. I need yer shinin’ creative sparks!

Ye probably know me ship, the Black Seas Barracuda, was recently chucked bow-first onto a shore-tree by an inconsiderate Kraken. I don’t hold a grudge against the beastie fer chuckin’ me ship, but it did landlock me crew. Snoozin’ on dry land is no match for being rocked to sleep in yer cot or hammock by the lullaby waves of the tidal sea. Once that bottom-dwellin’ barnacle the Darrrkitect is defeated it’ll be back to skimmin’ across the briny deep for me and me mates. If we can’t yank the Barracuda down from its barky canopy when that day comes, I’d like to sail on a recreation of me very favorite ship… the majestic Rosebrick.

What a marvel she was, mateys… beautiful as mermaid and fast as a flying fish with a jetpack. Me ma bought her for me on my sixteenth birthday, but I lost her in a rock-paper-scissors match with me wily arch-nemesis: Admiral Perriwinklebeard McCook. Use yer Imagination to build a new version of me cherished vessel – a Rosebrick II, if ye will – an’ you’ll pour saltwater from me eyes and warm rum on me heart.

Stay creative, ye salty barnacles!

- Captain Jack Knife, Pirate Camp

Create a recreation of Captain Jack Knife’s famous pirate ship, the Rosebrick II, and you’ll be entered in July’s monthly contest. It doesn’t matter how you envision it – design whatever frigate, junk, or privateer schooner you think is fit for a pirate king! Once you send it in, your drawing or building will be judged by the LEGO Universe Team for a chance to win LEGO MBA and Alien Conquest sets fit for a treasure fleet!

To enter, either construct your pirate ship using real LEGO bricks, LEGO Digital Designer software, or one of your properties, or draw it by hand. Then keep an eye out for the challenge entitled "Build a Pirate Ship" in the Creation Lab (check back Friday, July 1 for the link!) and upload a photo or screenshot of your Rosebrick II to us for judging. You may enter as many photographs or screenshots as you like, but can only win once. You have until July 31, 2011 to submit, so plan carefully and give it your best shot! 3 Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges from the LEGO Universe team.

If you build your ship using LEGO Universe, then be sure to include the tag "Rosebrick II" on your property to make it easy for other players to visit your creation and test out their sea legs!

The 3 winners will receive these amazing prizes:
o 1 LEGO MBA Space Designer (Kit 1) set (#20200)
o 1 LEGO MBA Kits 2-6 Subscription (#4659018)
o 1 LEGO Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ (#7066)
o Feature on the LEGO Universe community website!

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He restores my soul.

As a Founder, I'm here to help! Send me a private message if you have a question about anything. Smile
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top