LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:) Lego Universe Free Trial! :)

+5
FD_LegoFan101
le717
Cabey9
LegoFanYoda
rioforce
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

:) Lego Universe Free Trial! :) Empty :) Lego Universe Free Trial! :)

Post by rioforce Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:14 pm

Coming this August a Free-to-Play version of LEGO Universe will be available for download from LEGOuniverse.com! This new, Free-to-Play version of the game will make the game more accessible to new players. Free players will be able to create a character, explore two zones, and build on their own property –giving them a taste of the LEGO Universe experience.

New players will start in the Venture Explorer and travel to Avant Gardens, learning essential skills which will help them throughout the game. New players will also have access to their own private property to build on, and will be able to explore all of the other Avant Garden player properties. There is no time limit on the free trial; free players will be able experience LEGO Universe at their own pace.

To experience the rest of LEGO Universe by exploring all of the adventure zones (such as Crux Prime) and experience new expansions (like the major Ninjago content coming later this year Laughing ), free players must become full members. Full membership will also provide additional benefits such as the ability to trade, chat and participate in exclusive weekly contests.

Current players will have move opportunities to show off their amazing Avant Gardens properties, cool advanced gear, and expert battling skills. We hope that the addition of Free-to-Play will give current players more chances to adventure with new friends than ever before!
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

:) Lego Universe Free Trial! :) Empty Re: :) Lego Universe Free Trial! :)

Post by LegoFanYoda Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Yay!!! I'll C'ya on there, Hopefully!
LegoFanYoda
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

:) Lego Universe Free Trial! :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

I hope I can play the free trial, my brother (le717) won a signed copy of LU in beta, and had to sell it on eBay because we weren't allowed to play. Maybe I can convince my parents to let me play LU...
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by LegoFanYoda Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:32 pm

Arrrr... wrote:I hope I can play the free trial, my brother (le717) won a signed copy of LU in beta, and had to sell it on eBay because we weren't allowed to play. Maybe I can convince my parents to let me play LU...
Why weren't you allowed to play it?
LegoFanYoda
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

I Don't Know Why Not.
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabey9 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

Arrrr... wrote:I hope I can play the free trial, my brother (le717) won a signed copy of LU in beta, and had to sell it on eBay because we weren't allowed to play. Maybe I can convince my parents to let me play LU...

You had to SELL a SIGNED copy of LU???
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

Yea. I know. It gives me shivers every time I think about it. Uhhhh...
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 3:39 pm

Cabey9 wrote:You had to SELL a SIGNED copy of LU???

Yes. I had to. I did not want to, but I had to. My parents had enough of the LU beta test, and they wanted my to find another hobby, so they made me sell it. Sad

But it was cool! Figmentia signed the shipping package, (which I still have), and the devs and Imaginatrix signed the inside of the case with silver sharpie. And do you know what? I was one of only 40 people who got a signed copy of LU. It was the "Join a Nexus Force Faction!" contest that gave it away. (Betas may remember that day. There were four contests going on that day. They were the one above, the shooting gallery contest, the racing contest (which I wonder how anyone won. There were so many people trying to do that one, they kept getting kicked out of the race), and the FV prop building contest.)

I also counted up how much money Lego spent on the faction contest alone. Ready? Ok here it is:

Spoiler:
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 4:54 pm

le717 wrote:

Yes. I had to. I did not want to, but I had to. My parents had enough of the LU beta test, and they wanted my to find another hobby, so they made me sell it. Sad

But it was cool! Figmentia signed the shipping package, (which I still have), and the devs and Imaginatrix signed the inside of the case with silver sharpie. And do you know what? I was one of only 40 people who got a signed copy of LU. It was the "Join a Nexus Force Faction!" contest that gave it away. (Betas may remember that day. There were four contests going on that day. They were the one above, the shooting gallery contest, the racing contest (which I wonder how anyone won. There were so many people trying to do that one, they kept getting kicked out of the race), and the FV prop building contest.)

I also counted up how much money Lego spent on the faction contest alone. Ready? Ok here it is:

Spoiler:
Hmm, well I can see why they would do that...

But you probably should have kept the box and just sold the disc/activation code. Would have brought in less money, but you didn't pay for it on the first place. A gift from the devs/CM's is a wicked thing to have, and something they might not be giving out again for a while.
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

:) Lego Universe Free Trial! :) Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Thu 23 Jun 2011, 4:26 am

I do also have a signed version of LU, awsome that is it!

Anyway, every country is a bit allowed now to play. So, why not???
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by JediGuineaPig Fri 24 Jun 2011, 1:48 am

le717 wrote:

Spoiler:

i remember those, i came second in the fv building comp, which was surprising because all i did was place a few bricks and put behaviors on them in less then ten minuted before i went to soccer. i didnt get a signed LU copy unfortunately, instead i got a basic brick pack.... but i do have a signed lu poster... after that comp they changed the rules so only people from the us could win Sad

JediGuineaPig
JediGuineaPig
Venture Scout
Venture Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 10:56 am

You know, it just occurred to me...

Since LU will be going download-only, this might male it easier or actually bring LU to currently-unsupported countries.

Of course they could always IP block people from said locations... something I hope they won't do.

But this would technically make it much easier for unsupported countries to gain access to the game, IMO.
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

le717 wrote:

Spoiler:

$9,600?

While that makes sense for purchasing as a buyer, It's probabably not correct for what lego spends.

When you think about it, I probably costs $6.75 for LEGO to make and ship the disc.

You can get 60 discs for $10. $0.60 each. 15 cents for the print cover. $6 to ship.....
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:13 pm

@CapnSkye Hmmmmm. I did look at it from a buyer's stand point, didn't I? Oh well. But it still cost them $6 to mail it Priority Mail via USPS (to my house, at least...)

@LegoFan101 When was it announced that LU would be going download only? I have not heard that one. Sure, you have to have internet to play LU, but what about those people who want a hard copy of LU in case their hard drive crashes?
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

le717 wrote:@CapnSkye Hmmmmm. I did look at it from a buyer's stand point, didn't I? Oh well. But it still cost them $6 to mail it Priority Mail via USPS (to my house, at least...)

@LegoFan101 When was it announced that LU would be going download only? I have not heard that one. Sure, you have to have internet to play LU, but what about those people who want a hard copy of LU in case their hard drive crashes?
Unless they already have one, that will no longer be an option.

"Also, players will no longer need to invest in the game DVD to play LEGO Universe. The game will be available via free digital download only."

^From the Press Release. Wink
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Tue 28 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

I've seen on Knoxes Blog that there was a video on youtube of the Free-to-Play patcher! But now the vid is removed. I wish I could have seen that. Does anyone have a pic of it?
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 7:42 am

rioforce wrote:I've seen on Knoxes Blog that there was a video on youtube of the Free-to-Play patcher! But now the vid is removed. I wish I could have seen that. Does anyone have a pic of it?
I thought it was just the next Patcher version...?

I miss seeing it too, from what I can recall it looked cool.

Anywho, I would say that now is a good time to complain about any rules in planning, as the dev team could easily change them before the final release. Wink
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

PLEASE! I need to be property spotting!!!
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:27 am

I can't wait for the free trial (and LegoFan101's contest)!

Any extra details would be appreciate! Smile
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:32 am

Please! Give out some more info on LU F2P!
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Mon 08 Aug 2011, 6:55 pm

Hmmm... I don't know if F2P is coming tomorow. It doesn't seem likely. I guess I will find out after school tomorrow. I have the Lego Universe Official News Network page open, but all the news is the rocket contest winner. Sad That stinks.
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 10:12 am

It's included!
You can play F2P version.
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:03 pm

I am installing F2P now! Wow. LU did not advertise it much.
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabey9 Tue 09 Aug 2011, 1:38 pm

I agree, Rioforce. I had no idea it was coming out today. There was nothing! I hope to see you in LU soon.
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Tue 09 Aug 2011, 3:22 pm

@Cabey9 I am in AG! (And I will be there forever.) Wink

My username is BloomingCoffeeAtom. (There was no ThirstyChocolateRavioli available.)

NOTE: The name is subject to change. Razz
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next