LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention?

+12
awesomo5000
Panos
le717
rioforce
CapnSkye
Hunthe
Sim533
PAH
masbts
ZapDragonMeteor
Cabey9
FD_LegoFan101
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What do you think of Ninewells' recent attention?

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_lcap29%What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_lcap36%What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_lcap14%What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_lcap21%What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Empty What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention?

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

This is just a poll to see what you think of the attention that Ninewells has been getting recently.

Personally, I think he deserves it. However, so far he doesn't seem to be taking it in the right manner.

My reason:

I jokingly made a comment wondering why LEGO stopped treating everyone fairly. (They are though, considering his work and efforts.) I clearly stated I was joking, but...

He replied - to me and everyone else who either does not or does not build as well as he does - stating basically that his work is the best in the Universe, and everyone else will never meet his skill level. (I wish I had a direct quote, but LEGO apparently removed the topic... interesting.)

It isn't necessarily what he said, but how he said it that concerns me and leads me to believe his pride might be swelling a bit too much. Razz

Still, I think he deserves what he has been given nonetheless. Smile
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Empty Re: What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention?

Post by Cabey9 Mon 06 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

I think he deserves it. Its interesting what they did, though....
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Empty Re: What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention?

Post by ZapDragonMeteor Mon 06 Jun 2011, 10:15 pm

i think he probabaly does deserve SOMETHING for being a good builder, but his pride is too much, whenever i talk to him he is always bragging.
ZapDragonMeteor
ZapDragonMeteor
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by masbts Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:01 pm

Well i just heard of him in the recent interview so i guess he's just not attention worthy enough to get my attention Razz, Uh, i don't really have any other opinion on it, so i say 'He doesn't really deserve thar much attention but whatever.'
masbts
masbts
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

What do you think of Ninewells' Recent Attention? Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by PAH Tue 07 Jun 2011, 4:03 am

FD_LegoFan101 wrote:This is just a poll to see what you think of the attention that Ninewells has been getting recently.

Personally, I think he deserves it. However, so far he doesn't seem to be taking it in the right manner.

My reason:

I jokingly made a comment wondering why LEGO stopped treating everyone fairly. (They are though, considering his work and efforts.) I clearly stated I was joking, but...

He replied - to me and everyone else who either does not or does not build as well as he does - stating basically that his work is the best in the Universe, and everyone else will never meet his skill level. (I wish I had a direct quote, but LEGO apparently removed the topic... interesting.)

It isn't necessarily what he said, but how he said it that concerns me and leads me to believe his pride might be swelling a bit too much. Razz

His pride shall doom him. Mark my words. He'll lose his popularity.
PAH
PAH
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 8:22 am

PAH wrote:
FD_LegoFan101 wrote:This is just a poll to see what you think of the attention that Ninewells has been getting recently.

My reason:

His pride shall doom him. Mark my words. He'll lose his popularity.
If he keeps acting like he did, I kinda hope so. He's still a great builder nonetheless. Smile
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabey9 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 9:46 am

Oh. I read the interview. I guess he does have pride issues....
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Tue 07 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

I also need to say something about this. We had the same discussion on a othe rLU forum.

I also find he gets a lot of attention in game, while others players don't have a chance. Now he is also thinking that he is on the side of the mods. Very silly.

Even a NPC was named after him: http://lunibook.com/character/Augie_Ninewells/7929

Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunthe Tue 07 Jun 2011, 2:34 pm

I mean, I think most people are pretty jealous. Ive never seen his building. But there are other great builders out there, like 4estMaster, Superstickboy, Flambridge, Hollis. In my opinion, give them credit too. People build amazing things, and already get enough credit for that.
Personally I like people who are famous AND nice, like 7OP. Maybe its just because hes famous across two servers.

So I say.... Eh. Ill probably never be his friend.
Hunthe
Hunthe
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:31 am

I think this is a pretty good way to put it:

NarutoManiac wrote:
Boondox1620 wrote:
C'mon now folks. Ninewells didn't ask for this interview or for the NPC to be named after him. He was chosen by the LU staff for his contributions to the LU building community and his amazing props. The Mods and Devs get to see every prop in the game, every post on the forums and all of our actions in the LEGO Universe. They obviously felt that his efforts were worthy enough to be recognized with an NPC and an interview with one of the Devs. I think it's a very nice gesture and tip my hat to Mr. Wells for receiving this well earned honor.

Perhaps in the future LEGO will choose another equally worthy player to name an NPC after or to conduct an interview with a member of their staff? Or maybe they'll look at all the complaints in this thread and decide it's not worth the hassle. As we've seen elsewhere on these forums it only takes a few people to ruin a good thing for everybody else in the game.

Its only that way because even though NineWells is awesome, what does that say about other players? Are they not worthy of being displayed in public? Only certain people ever get noticed. I say branch out LEGO, ask some other people, have some new NPC's named after other people (ME for example Razz). Not just one person has to be recognized. With all the tons of people playing LU, I don't think they should actually have done this anyways...

/\/@R|_|T0/\/\@/\/1/-\C [Full Parrot Collection]
"Float like a Butterfly, Sting like a Bee" ~ Muhammad Ali
#1*NarutoManiac In LU {Full Rank 3 Knight + Samurai}
#2*TheGuide in LU {Full Rank 3 Space Marauder}
#3*BleachManiac in LU {Rank 1 + 3 Engineer} & S.W.A.T. Memeber
#4*LuffyManaiac in LU {Rank 1 Daredevil}

I've heard a lot of people say that NineWells deserves this. JUST what has he done to deserve this? Building? We all build. He's a great player? There are many kind and awesome players out there. Boondox says that NineWells didn't ask for this interview. Then how did he get it? If LEGO offered I am beyond shocked and highly diappointed. They already honored him with a NPC, which I think is beyond enough. This is no longer about NineWells, I believe this is now about LEGO.

LEGO has always tried to be fair and equal in things. I mean come on! This is the company that blames the maelstrom for glitches. Before June they didn't try and pick favorites although in the Hall of Fame there are a few reappearing names. The face of LEGO has always been a character they made up. Max has been their favorite since before I was born, only now Max is a minifigure. With Nexus Tower came a NPC named after a LU player and builder NineWells. I personally thought this was a little far for LEGO to go, but none the less put it to the side. Now they have NineWells interview a designer. I make no understatement saying that most of us would love to be honored as NineWells has. But, yet my character stops me. LEGO is a company that makes toys for children. Their classic plastic has attracted fans of all ages, yet their main market is for miners. This is obvious by how seriously they take the safety of thier Community sites. So why would LEGO point to a single person and say that he deserves a little more? They put NineWells in the spot light like they have never done before. I will be honest, it kind of ticks me off.

Those that have posted in the LMB's for a long time know that there as always been traditions here. Anyone who watched these traditions change would note that they have changed the most when the LEGO Universe Message Boards came out. Over 2 years ago when I started actively posting you had to be a Craftsman to get recognized by the old famous LEGO fans. People whose names have started to fade away. HQuiff, Kit-Fisto7, Designerdude101, and more. Now it doesn't matter if you are a JuniorBuilder or an OldTimer because the most famous are those that are famous in the LU.

LEGO has chosen to start pointing out indivuals. Let NineWells be listed as the first, because I will be stunned if he is the only one. I think that LEGO should point out people that have gone to imagination and then beyond it. NineWells has proven that he is skilled in the classic art of LEGO building. Congrats to him! I am not saying that in any way he is a bad builder or person. But, building with LEGO is a classic.

Why not recognize those that have really shown LEGO in a whole new way? For example, role playing LEGO in words. Those that know their Message Board history will know that Kit-Fisto7 started the infamous LEGO HQ's. I say let him be honored! He went above and beyond the normal LEGO imagination limits. Although I do not know who started it, but MLN Bands show their love of LEGO through epic LEGO lyrics. Why not deck Red Blocks out with their songs? Have they not deserved it? What about those that tried to solve issues between posters on the Boards? Those that tried to be a MOD by being nice and helping those around them to see that we all are here for the same reason... we all love LEGO. There are more: LEGO movies, LEGO stories and many more! Do they all not deserve the spot light?

I'm not the kind of guy to lie. I would love to be in the spot light. Don't most of us want to? But, like I said, I go back to my character. Do I want LEGO to point out a single person? No. We are all LEGO fans. We are all great in our own way. If any of us really love LEGO then why should any of us be pointed out. I read NineWells article, I got to admit, it's good! Extremely well writen. Writing is my gift. I recently just got the highest grade in my high school on the english final. True I got a co-op stlye high school where grades 9-12 meet together, but I am still an excellent writer. I have writen an article in the 8th grade that got in two different papers (yes the article was on LEGO's ). Would I like to interview any worker for LEGO and have the article put on an official LEGO web site? You can bet on it!!!

We all deserve fame, we all deserve the popularity. So why LEGO, point out one fan so many times? It will make a hassle. Everyone will want the fame now. I think there are three options LEGO has. First, ignore the good and bad comments and they will probably never again honor a fan like this. Second, retract the article, and change Augie Ninewells name. Or third, these fan done interviews and NPC's will become a regularity. Honestly, I say go with the second option. It is one of true honor. The first would be one the government would try and pull, and the third a messy and cheesey one.

I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings. I am sure NineWells is a great guy! I only just met him last week and it was brief. I wasn't trying to list everyone who has done something awesome either. As I always say:

To imagination and beyond...

-Hanks on the boards
-Kynosis in the LEGO Universe

He's got a point.
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunthe Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:09 pm

Thats basically what I was thinking. Its hard to put ow I feel about it to words, but this is what Im talking about.
Hunthe
Hunthe
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:12 pm

I read the interview, and I don't really see where he is showing pride..... Could someone please point it out?

He's an amazing and talented builder and LEGO saw what he did, how much work he must have spent on it, and honored him for it.

If you guys are that annoyed, go build and amazing property and show it to LU. They might do the same for you. You never know.

There will always be people who are famous. Period. It's how hard you work for it that makes you famous or not.

Just like in the real world. You might have the greatest singing voice in the world, if you don't work hard to become famous, you won't be.

Last edited by FM_CapnSkye on Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:14 pm

FM_CapnSkye wrote:I read the interview, and I don't really see where he is showing pride..... Could someone please point it out?

He's an amazing and talented builder and LEGO saw what he did, how much work he must have spent on it, and honored him for it.

If you guys are that annoying, go build and amazing property and show it to LU. They might do the same for you. You never know.

There will always be people who are famous. Period. It's how hard you work for it that makes you famous or not.

Just like in the real world. You might have the greatest singing voice in the world, if you don't work hard to become famous, you won't be.
I do not think you are understanding our point. Wink

The pride is coming from his response, or it did before. Hopefully he's changed by now, in which case I'm still fine with it.

...and by "annoying" do you mean "annoyed"?
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:17 pm

Yes I meant annoyed. I didn't see his response, but from what I see right now, he is not over-prideful....
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:26 pm

FM_CapnSkye wrote:Yes I meant annoyed. I didn't see his response, but from what I see right now, he is not over-prideful....
He bad-mouthed me and practically all other builders saying we couldn't do in six months what he did in a day. Razz

Trust me, I know pride when I see it. His pride levels at least at that point were off the charts.
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Wed 08 Jun 2011, 12:30 pm

Ok, since I did not see that post, then I can't say anything. But if he did say that then that is pretty haughty.

I think he is challanging other builders. Go woop up on him. Somebody should build a really cool Hogwarts Castle.....
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabey9 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 1:17 pm

FM_CapnSkye wrote:Ok, since I did not see that post, then I can't say anything. But if he did say that then that is pretty haughty.

I think he is challanging other builders. Go woop up on him. Somebody should build a really cool Hogwarts Castle.....

I'll do that.... Very Happy

I'll be all ready to build Hogwarts after my Harry Potter build off! WOOT! I actually planned to make my Grove a Hogwarts Castle, but it got deleted for unknown reasons....

So much for that other post being my last. Razz
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Wed 08 Jun 2011, 2:02 pm

Lol. I hope you guys build an awesome structure that blows his away....
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Wed 08 Jun 2011, 4:23 pm

Is this off topic?
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:06 pm

@ rioforce- No its not.
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by masbts Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:16 pm

Wow, did he actually say that? Thats quite arrogant.
masbts
masbts
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 12:47 pm

masbts wrote:Wow, did he actually say that? Thats quite arrogant.
It was one instance, and he might not have meant it that way. Wink

Anyway, he's the start of a new incentive, apparently:

Hi everyone, I'd like to weigh in on some of the comments I've seen posted here.   Just to set the record straight, we would like to do several fan interviews for the web site. We are looking to identify players who we feel are leaders in the specific area that we want to highlight. We will approach that player and see if they want to do the interview. This is the first of this type of article and we'd like to do more.  If you want to be eligible for something like this, work on getting really good at something in the game – get all the achievements, smash the most Maelstrom, become a master trader.  Get on our radar by playing the game and interacting with the community and we'll notice .  

In this case, we could have picked from several top of the line builders – we have many talented folks. In the end, we decided on Ninewells. He asked very insightful questions and really understands the advanced techniques in building. As I've said, we could have approached many others. To be clear, Ninewells never asked to conduct an interview – we just thought he would be a great start to a new feature that would involve many more talented LEGO Universe players.  

One thing we can do for advanced adult builders is invite them to join the Worldbuilders program (also called the LEGO Universe Partners program, shortened as LUP). We are going to have more information about how to become part of the Worldbuilder program in a week or two, and will feature more highlights of the work the Worldbuilders do after that. I can tell you that we hand pick those who become Worldbuilders, and Ninewells and several others have recently accepted our invitations into the program. Again, if you are old enough and show us you can build in-game, you could be invited to the Worldbuilders program and receive opportunities like this.  
As far as Augie Ninewells, the inclusion of an NPC was a nod of the head to Ninewells from the Game Developers, who are fans of his work. The fact that the NPC was added to the game the same week as the interview, frankly, was a coincidence.  The interview was completed over a month ago, but we were only able to get it into our web release schedule recently. Actually, many NPCs in the game are named for important people that the design team recognizes.  

Ninewells earned the right to do an interview, the right to become a Worldbuilder and worked hard to get on the game developer's radar. Please do not attack him for being good at what he does. Instead, draw inspiration from him to achieve similar recognition.  

If you could ask the developer’s a question, what would you ask them?  

Thank you for all your feedback!  

Elementron  

I still have no problem with it so long as he isn't arrogant. Wink
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by le717 Thu 09 Jun 2011, 8:40 pm

So... Lego is now picking people out and letting them interview Devs and even putting a NPC in-game with a name almost like them? Ok.... Is Ninewells an adult? If he is an adult, I do not know if he would get boastful about this honor, but it could happen. If he is a kid, then there is more of a chance that this honor will go to his head. I have not seen his work (and I will probably never will), but I have heard that it is good. But now that Lego has done this, they need to somehow end this. Many people will want to be LU celebs now, and this just might cause some people to leave LU because that built a great prop and they did not get recognized.

I was just looking through the other posts on this topic, and I did not know that Ninewells had bad-mouthed LF101 and all other builders and said that nobody will ever be as great as him. I agree, that is pride and boasting at the same time. He was pretty much saying that he was the best builder, and since Lego had seen his work, he is WAAY better than anyone will ever be. It says in the good book that you are not to boast, for boasting will get you nowhere. I agree with that, and think that Ninewells has indeed let the honor go to his head. If he keeps this up, I SOOO wish Lego remove his name from the NPC. LU should not have an NPC named after someone who totally went overboard and discouraged younger kids form building on their props because it will never be good as his. His pride will lead to his downfall, as it happens to everyone who has been over boastful.
le717
le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by CapnSkye Fri 10 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

I disagree. I think if you build a truly awesome property, players will recognize it even if LEGO doesn't.
CapnSkye
CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by PAH Fri 10 Jun 2011, 7:12 pm

NineWells is wrong. He is NOT the best builder and he NEVER will BE. Take a look at these:
*ModEdit:Removed*
(Please don't click anywhere in this guys Photostream, some of his MOC's are sort of inappropriate):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46599983@N03/5783712936/in/photostream
And my favorite builder, and Brickfilmer; LGOrlando!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lgorlando/
Take a look at THIS!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/5189475781/in/photostream
Get a load of THIS one!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joel_baker/4412360018
There are many more builders out there who will be forever better than Ninewells.
PAH
PAH
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next