LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

FOUND! LDD Extended!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How cool is LDD Extend?

63% 63% 
[ 5 ]
25% 25% 
[ 2 ]
12% 12% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
 
Total Votes : 8

FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by rioforce on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 5:12 pm

Today, I was going to build in Lego Digital Designer, when it wanted to update. I updated it, and found out that it had Lego Universe mode in it. But this LU mode wasn't secret. Lego has made LU mode PUBLIC! Very Happy I went file diving, and I found a picture that said LEGO DIGITAL DESIGNER EXTENDED. Then, I opened this file at this directory: C:\Program Files\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer\prefrences.ini. In that .ini file, I added this line: ThemeAccess=LDDExtended There is a new secret mode in LDD 4.1.6! Here are some pictures of it:

1.

2.

3.

4.

See! That is cool! You need to download LDD 4.1.6!


Last edited by rioforce on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

__________________________________
  ®ÎÖƒÖ®çË  


I'm an Admin here at LUNF. If you need to contact me, there are simple Email and PM buttons to the left. Smile

"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce
Founder
Founder

Posts : 2800
Join date : 2011-03-26
LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by CapnSkye on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 5:20 pm

NICE FIND! Downloading it now! Looks really cool!

CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Posts : 860
Join date : 2010-11-14
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by Cabey9 on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 5:47 pm

What?!?!?! That is awesome! Great find!

__________________________________
~Founder Cabey9~



The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. He restores my soul.

As a Founder, I'm here to help! Send me a private message if you have a question about anything. Smile

Cabey9
Founder
Founder

Posts : 1445
Join date : 2010-08-11
LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by le717 on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 5:51 pm

Cool find! Thanks for finding this, rioforce!
I wonder what new features is in this new hidden theme? Question

__________________________________
Triangle717: Coder. LEGO Fan. Student.

You can find me on the following sites


BlueKnightSam: What is CSS?
le717: It makes website look pretty.
Hobino: I like your defeniton, le. Razz

le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Posts : 699
Join date : 2011-03-11
LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by legowiz102 on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 7:57 pm

Nice find! We will be using this for the Nexus Project for sure! Smile

__________________________________
-legowiz102


LEGO® and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group.

legowiz102
Venture Explorer
Venture Explorer

Posts : 96
Join date : 2010-07-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by CapnSkye on Mon 04 Apr 2011, 8:12 pm

Ah! I just found that it has the minifigures ( Robot hat, Clown hair etc.) pieces. They were in the first LU Mode and then got removed. Nice!

EDIT: Anubis Head... W00T!

CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Posts : 860
Join date : 2010-11-14
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by Sim533 on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 12:32 am

For some reason it doesn't work for me, can somebody post here what the preferences.ini contains.

I only have one line in it which is ThemeAccess=LDDextended

__________________________________
~Sim533~ The minifig with imagination is never alone. ~

Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Posts : 446
Join date : 2010-04-10
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by CapnSkye on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:29 am

Well, first go to the top of a folder and click Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> View -> Check "Show Hidden Folders, Files and Drives"

Now you are going to go to: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer

In that folder is preferences.ini Add ThemeAccess=LDD Extended somewhere in there.

CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Posts : 860
Join date : 2010-11-14
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by le717 on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 9:28 am

@Everyone! If you want to use LDD Extended mode, you have to run LDD first! That means, right after you install it, run the program. When it is fully loaded, close LDD and go to the Program Files and add the line of code to THAT preferences.ini file to start LDD Extended mode. Load LDD back up, and you should be able to ue LDD Extended mode!

@sim533 Do what I said above and LDD Extended mode should work for you. But the preferences.ini file contains one line to begin with: "language=en" Then you add the line to start LDD Extended after the steps above.


Last edited by le717 on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

__________________________________
Triangle717: Coder. LEGO Fan. Student.

You can find me on the following sites


BlueKnightSam: What is CSS?
le717: It makes website look pretty.
Hobino: I like your defeniton, le. Razz

le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Posts : 699
Join date : 2011-03-11
LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by PAH on Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:07 pm

rioforce wrote:Today, I was going to build in Lego Digital Designer, when it wanted to update. I updated it, and found out that it had Lego Universe mode in it. But this LU mode wasn't secret. Lego has made LU mode PUBLIC! Very Happy I went file diving, and I found a picture that said LEGO DIGITAL DESIGNER EXTENDED. Then, I entered this line into a file (prefrences.ini): ThemeAccess=LDDExtended. There is a new secret mode in LDD 4.1.6! Here are some pictures of it:

1.

2.

3.

4.

See! That is cool! You need to download LDD 4.1.6!
Yay! Now LDD 4.0 works for me! Woo hoo!!

__________________________________

We can do anything if we have faith in God. Whether he wants us to reach out for the stars, or do something spectacular, we can always have faith in him to pull us through.

PAH
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Posts : 291
Join date : 2011-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by maestro35 on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:37 am

Are there any big advantages to LU mode?

__________________________________
maestro35, the one and only, your illustrious leader and master of clever things

maestro35
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Posts : 138
Join date : 2011-02-16
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by Sim533 on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 1:26 pm

le717 wrote:@sim533 Do what I said above and LDD Extended mode should work for you. But the preferences.ini file contains one line to begin with: "language=en" Then you add the line to start LDD Extended after the steps above.
It doesn't work, what ever I try.

__________________________________
~Sim533~ The minifig with imagination is never alone. ~

Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Posts : 446
Join date : 2010-04-10
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by CapnSkye on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 4:32 pm

Sim533 wrote:
le717 wrote:@sim533 Do what I said above and LDD Extended mode should work for you. But the preferences.ini file contains one line to begin with: "language=en" Then you add the line to start LDD Extended after the steps above.
It doesn't work, what ever I try.

Are you sure you entered everything correctly? Remember there are two preferences files. one in Program Files and the other in App Data. Make sure you went to the one in App Data.

CapnSkye
Founder
Founder

Posts : 860
Join date : 2010-11-14
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by le717 on Thu 07 Apr 2011, 5:36 pm

FM_CapnSkye wrote:
Sim533 wrote:
le717 wrote:@sim533 Do what I said above and LDD Extended mode should work for you. But the preferences.ini file contains one line to begin with: "language=en" Then you add the line to start LDD Extended after the steps above.
It doesn't work, what ever I try.

Are you sure you entered everything correctly? Remember there are two preferences files. one in Program Files and the other in App Data. Make sure you went to the one in App Data.

Woah! Woah! Woah! Hold on a minute there, CapnSkye! You have got that wrong! You DO NOT got to App data! You go to the Program Files! The app data file just tells it how to draw the interface! You add the line to the file in the Program Files!

@sim533 Go to this directory:

C:\Program Files\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer

Add that line to THAT .ini file and start LDD. It should work this time. Plus, delete anything that you added to .ini files in App data. Added anything to that may mess up LDD!

__________________________________
Triangle717: Coder. LEGO Fan. Student.

You can find me on the following sites


BlueKnightSam: What is CSS?
le717: It makes website look pretty.
Hobino: I like your defeniton, le. Razz

le717
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

Posts : 699
Join date : 2011-03-11
LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by Sim533 on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 2:32 pm

le717 wrote:
FM_CapnSkye wrote:
Sim533 wrote:
le717 wrote:@sim533 Do what I said above and LDD Extended mode should work for you. But the preferences.ini file contains one line to begin with: "language=en" Then you add the line to start LDD Extended after the steps above.
It doesn't work, what ever I try.

Are you sure you entered everything correctly? Remember there are two preferences files. one in Program Files and the other in App Data. Make sure you went to the one in App Data.

Woah! Woah! Woah! Hold on a minute there, CapnSkye! You have got that wrong! You DO NOT got to App data! You go to the Program Files! The app data file just tells it how to draw the interface! You add the line to the file in the Program Files!

@sim533 Go to this directory:

C:\Program Files\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer

Add that line to THAT .ini file and start LDD. It should work this time. Plus, delete anything that you added to .ini files in App data. Added anything to that may mess up LDD!
Guys, I just got it working! I modified the file in the app data and then it worked! Many thanks!

__________________________________
~Sim533~ The minifig with imagination is never alone. ~

Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Posts : 446
Join date : 2010-04-10
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by Hobino on Fri 08 Apr 2011, 8:16 pm

Cool, works great for me!

And for the App Data or Program File, I think both actually works. It does the same thing at the end.

__________________________________
LUNF Founder and
LU Alpha and Beta Tester.
| Hobino |PM if you need some help!
System on a Brick!

Hobino
Founder
Founder

Posts : 819
Join date : 2010-04-29
LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by ZapDragonMeteor on Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm

no matter what i do... it wont change. i added the line in app data, then when that didnt work i added it to the file location, still nothing different.

__________________________________
Flugel der Freiheit


ZapDragonMeteor
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Posts : 400
Join date : 2011-04-20
LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FOUND! LDD Extended!

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:48 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum