LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEGO Universe Soft Lauch

4 posters

Go down

LEGO Universe Soft Lauch Empty LEGO Universe Soft Lauch

Post by Hobino Thu 26 Aug 2010, 8:42 pm

Some of you Beta testers may have received this message in your inbox.

LEGO® Universe Soft Launch

Dear Beta Tester

You have been a great help, and therefore we would like to invite you to participate in the LEGO® Universe Soft Launch test*. In return, you receive a limited edition LEGO Universe T-shirt and a 1-month subscription as a thank you gift! To activate and use your subscription, you must have the game downloaded to your computer. The subscription can be redeemed once the game has launched on October 26, 2010.

As a Soft Launch tester, you will help get the LEGO Universe billing process ready for launch while continuing the LEGO Universe Closed-Beta. This means setting up weekly subscriptions, and registering as a paying customer.

We want you to be prepared for your experience, so here are a few details to be aware of.

How does it work?
To play LEGO Universe, you will have to pay $1 (USD), $1 (CAD), £1 (GBP) or €1 (EUR) once a week for a maximum of four weeks until the 17th of September. If you choose to auto-renew, the amount will automatically be withdrawn from your credit card, and your game time will continue uninterrupted. If you choose not to, please note that you will have to purchase a new subscription every week in order to play.

To get started please register here, and then go to the billing section to set up your subscription. Please note that the first week is free, hereafter payment is required!

If you have any problems please contact us at:

Europe: Consumer Service support is available in German and English from 10.00am to 04.00pm CEST, BST on 00800 53460000

US: Consumer Service support is available from 10.00am to 04.00pm EST on 877-779-0654

Thank you for contributing to LEGO Universe

- The LEGO Universe Team

* If you are under 18 years of age, please make sure that your legal guardian is present to accept the conditions for participating in the Soft Launch test.

Of what I read somewhere, any Beta testers can join the Soft Lauch, but only the ones that received this message will have the thank you gift.

The link to the page is in this spoiler.
Spoiler:
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

LEGO Universe Soft Lauch Empty Re: LEGO Universe Soft Lauch

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Thu 26 Aug 2010, 11:14 pm

What?!

I didn't get that.

I've been with them since the start. Thanks, LU. >.<

Of course I'm not paying early. Not without a shirt. Razz

Glad you got it though. Smile
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

LEGO Universe Soft Lauch Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Fri 27 Aug 2010, 8:22 am

That is ridicolous. Sad I did not received this either, but are they gonna say that we can't play LEGO Beta anymore without paying?!
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Fri 27 Aug 2010, 8:25 am

^No, it's another test portion of the Beta phase.

They aren't forcing you to do it - it's optional, and it helps them get their systems ready for payments and such. Wink

Nothing to worry about. Smile
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Fri 27 Aug 2010, 8:26 am

But the users that choose to pay subscription will have more content to test?! (besides the subscription part)
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Fri 27 Aug 2010, 8:28 am

Not by any means! Razz

The only special deal for those that were invited is the real-life shirt, and the one month of extra membership. That's it. Wink
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Fri 27 Aug 2010, 8:31 am

If I will get a mail like that above, then I will not pay at all... What are we with a T-shirt or with a month of free playing... =p
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Fri 27 Aug 2010, 9:03 am

I didn't got it either, one of my friend got it.

I wasn't sure if we needed to pay to continue Beta testing, I hope you're right, LegoFan!

Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_Grizzly10513 Sun 29 Aug 2010, 11:06 am

Wait! Before you get all upset (to late!), read what it says on the link, "INVITED testers only will get the reward"! This DEFINEATELY means that you do NOT have to pay! (YES!)
FD_Grizzly10513
FD_Grizzly10513
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Soft Lauch Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Mon 30 Aug 2010, 9:13 am

FD_Grizzly10513 wrote:Wait! Before you get all upset (to late!), read what it says on the link, "INVITED testers only will get the reward"! This DEFINEATELY means that you do NOT have to pay! (YES!)
You don't have to follow and start with soft launch. If you received a mail, you don't have to take action with it, however, if you want a prize then you can do so. Smile
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Sun 05 Sep 2010, 6:15 pm

Looks like LU is still working! Very Happy
I wont need to pay.
Hobino
Hobino