LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wave Speeder

3 posters

Go down

Wave Speeder Empty Wave Speeder

Post by FD_agentminky Tue 24 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

Recently, I've purchased My first Lego Atlantis set: the Wreck Raider. It's small, but I liked it quite a lot. While I was playing with it, I disconnected the turbines and attached them to Ace Speedman's helmet. I was impressed with the way it could integrate with other elements, so I decided to build a little MOC out of the pieces of the Wreck Raider exploiting it:

http://www.gjmedia.com/page5/page15/page14/page13/files/page13-1025-full.html

When you need both the agility of a simple diving suit and the durability and speed of a vehicle, then use Wave Speeder! It's speedy and strong, but not too big or bulky. I've used a lot of unconventional techniques to make up for my small parts palette. I don't think any of them are "illegal", but please tell me if you do spot such a technique.

What do you think?
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Wave Speeder Empty

Back to top Go down

Wave Speeder Empty Re: Wave Speeder

Post by Hobino Tue 24 Aug 2010, 6:00 pm

Awesome! I love how you build it, there is no illegal techniques at all! And, you can't really do "illegal" buildings? Bricks are made to be assemble as many ways as possible. Anyway, it's is really a good creation you made there! Wave Speeder Icon_biggrin
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_agentminky Wed 25 Aug 2010, 2:07 am

Thanks very much, Hobino! I'm glad you like it! Very Happy.

By the way, an illegal technique is simply a technique that would never be used by the official designers (usually for stability reasons). Smile
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Wave Speeder Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Wed 25 Aug 2010, 8:10 pm

Ok, I didn't know that.
You know a lot about building techniques and all that stuff!
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_agentminky Thu 26 Aug 2010, 2:27 am

Hobino wrote:Ok, I didn't know that.
You know a lot about building techniques and all that stuff!

Thank you very much, but I wouldn't go that far. Smile. I just looked at a Lego glossary (http://www.brothers-brick.com/lego-glossary/). I highly reccomend it. It's really useful!
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Wave Speeder Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cabey9 Tue 02 Nov 2010, 6:46 pm

Sounds cool! I have the Wreck Raider and I'll try making it too! Thanks for the idea.
Cabey9
Cabey9
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_agentminky Wed 03 Nov 2010, 4:09 am

You're welcome! I hope you're successful! Very Happy
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff