LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

LEGO Minifigures Series 13-What has been found.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LEGO Minifigures Series 13-What has been found.

Post by CrashHeroicPepper on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 3:56 pm

I have been researching on rumors, and info I could dig up on series 13. And from what I have found, from what I have researched, LEGO has hinted with pictures and from numerous sites for LEGO fans that Minifigures Series 13 will be featuring the show "The Simpsons". I myself can't say I'm happy with this, but what are your thoughts on it?

With God anything is possible!

John 3:16 KJV: "For GOD so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

CrashHeroicPepper
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

LEGO Universe Member LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: LEGO Minifigures Series 13-What has been found.

Post by unitx10 on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 5:57 pm

I'm going to make a formal complaint. No joke! I really am, I just keep forgetting. Razz

Ephesians 6:13

Long Live the Legend!

unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashHeroicPepper on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 5:58 pm

Yeah...I am afraid that even though LEGO may be able to "Make it kid friendly", just the source and logic of the show itself can be corrupting for LEGO fans.

John 3:16 KJV: "For GOD so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

CrashHeroicPepper
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 6:01 pm

They have their demographic wrong. The people who watch and are fans of the simpsons are just not the same people who would by a LEGO set, nor is that likely to change!

Long Live the Legend!

unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 2:47 pm

It's like how Mega Blocks makes HALO. Wrong demographic. Razz

I've already complained to LEGO and I encourage everyone to also! Maybe we can convince them that it is wrong to make childrens toys based on an immoral television show.

The Simpsons series is obviously next, because LEGO said it in their official Press Release:

Construction set and Minifigure Series based on the popular show available beginning February 2014.

http://aboutus.LEGO.com/en-us/news-room/2014/january/LEGO-the-simpsons

I'm an Admin here at LUNF. If you need to contact me, there are simple Email and PM buttons to the left. Smile

"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenen on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 3:35 pm

rioforce wrote:It's like how Mega Blocks makes HALO. Wrong demographic. Razz

I've already complained to LEGO and I encourage everyone to also! Maybe we can convince them that it is wrong to make childrens toys based on an immoral television show.

The Simpsons series is obviously next, because LEGO said it in their official Press Release:

Construction set and Minifigure Series based on the popular show available beginning February 2014.

http://aboutus.LEGO.com/en-us/news-room/2014/january/LEGO-the-simpsons

It's really a bad show too, my parents saw a few and there was all kinds of vulgar jokes...
Disgusting really.

EDIT:
But I kinda like the Mega Blocks HALO sets, even though I never got one, they have nice parts Razz

My CHIMA name was Ethereal CuriousMoonbeam
-  -  -
Romans 8:38-29
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-  -  -
TRUST IN CHRIST
Proud to be the 8th user of the forum!
Join Nenens Friends Group on steam!

Nenen
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:38 pm

rioforce wrote:It's like how Mega Blocks makes HALO. Wrong demographic. Razz
Not at all. Game ratings really don't mean anything to society, making kids a primary playerbase for games like Halo. Makes for some awful communities. Razz 

rioforce wrote:I've already complained to LEGO and I encourage everyone to also! Maybe we can convince them that it is wrong to make childrens toys based on an immoral television show.
Good luck; just because some fans complain doesn't mean they'll stop. It's going to bring them profit, and that's all that matters.

Glad you’re here. Paradox knows what makes the Maelstrom work – and how to destroy it. Welcome to the fight. - Quote from Duke Exeter

Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 5:59 pm

Nealybealy wrote:
rioforce wrote:I've already complained to LEGO and I encourage everyone to also! Maybe we can convince them that it is wrong to make childrens toys based on an immoral television show.
Good luck; just because some fans complain doesn't mean they'll stop. It's going to bring them profit, and that's all that matters.

So we should all just give in and let anyone get away with anything an not voice our opinion? A few people can make a big difference. Like they said in the elections, "Every vote counts", so does every letter/email.

I'm an Admin here at LUNF. If you need to contact me, there are simple Email and PM buttons to the left. Smile

"Whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:31b

rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nealybealy on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 8:45 pm

rioforce wrote:
Nealybealy wrote:

So we should all just give in and let anyone get away with anything an not voice our opinion? A few people can make a big difference. Like they said in the elections, "Every vote counts", so does every letter/email.
Then let me voice my opinion; I see absolutely no problem with this series coming out. Some people think Star Wars is too violent/unfitting for the ideals of LEGO, but somewhere someone will always be offended. You can't please everyone. Sure, there's some people who think Simpson's is wrong, but really, you're not going to be able to please everyone. Profit outweighs the vocal minority.

Glad you’re here. Paradox knows what makes the Maelstrom work – and how to destroy it. Welcome to the fight. - Quote from Duke Exeter

Nealybealy
Forum Mythran
Forum Mythran

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nenen on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 9:07 pm

Well, Sadly, I agree with nealy that LEGO will probably not change their minds...

But I know that Simpsons is bad, and it is even considered an ADULT comedy show. just don't buy the sets, unless you find them on huge sale in walmart...

My CHIMA name was Ethereal CuriousMoonbeam
-  -  -
Romans 8:38-29
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-  -  -
TRUST IN CHRIST
Proud to be the 8th user of the forum!
Join Nenens Friends Group on steam!

Nenen
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashHeroicPepper on Sun 09 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm

Agreed...sadly LEGO made their choice, and their is not much we can do, although, I wouldn't buy them even if they were on sale.

CrashHeroicPepper
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:09 am

If we all complain, (and we actually do it) LEGO will take notice. Maybe we can prevent the next season from coming out.

Long Live the Legend!

unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashHeroicPepper on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:13 am

Well, from the looks of it, they've already started production on the series, stopping it with production started would cause a loss for LEGO®.

CrashHeroicPepper
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:18 am

No no, not what I mean. LEGO will make this season of LEGO simpsons. But perhaps we can prevent the next season, and perhaps any others.

Long Live the Legend!

unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashHeroicPepper on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:23 am

Ah. True, again, what nealy said though, it's their decision. We can't do much right now it appears.

CrashHeroicPepper
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Chewen on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:51 pm

ugh, simpsons is not kid friendly! and LEGO has a reputation of being kid friendly. i don't think they should just destroy it. and even if the set are still kid friendly, its advertising something that's not!

click here to go to my blog

LEGOS ARE COOL

Chewen
Sentinel Knight
Sentinel Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CrashHeroicPepper on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:55 pm

Indeed it is, but we are human, we make mistakes. Sadly all we can do is voice our opinion and wait it out.

CrashHeroicPepper
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:01 pm

We can voice our oppinion

Long Live the Legend!

unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:15 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top