LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online

+4
Nenen
shafirsabbag
unitx10
rioforce
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online - Page 2 Empty Re: Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online

Post by unitx10 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 10:56 am

No I've not yet been asked. What's a ticket?
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members

Back to top Go down

Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online - Page 2 Empty Re: Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online

Post by Sim533 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:02 am

unitx10 wrote:No I've not yet been asked. What's a ticket?
To play: If you receive a Beta invite key, the invitation will contain instructions and a link for the page to register the key to.
To send glitches: You will need to fill in a form with detailed informatin about the glitch and you will receive a response to your ticket from the developers. It's not confirmed yet that you will have to do this, but it's most likely to be this.
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online - Page 2 Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:33 pm

In my opinion, the only way to give people what the want is to create it from scratch, since LEGO is to afraid in making something huge like LU. Why else would they make TWO MMOG as non-third-person-perspective games from two DIFFERENT teams. That is just ridicilous in my opinion, since LEGO minifigures is just as a broad-waved subject as the LEGO universe title was, and the gameplay could be adapted to be in third-person-perstive.

From a gameplay perspective in Chima online very poorly done. There is no variaty, and in complete honesty i would rather skip to play the game. The only thing that makes LEGO minifigures intersting is the variation of combat styles. It is just like releasing the first MMOG as a test-run to see if they other on will be better.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

shafirsabbag wrote:
From a gameplay perspective in Chima online very poorly done. There is no variaty, and in complete honesty i would rather skip to play the game. The only thing that makes LEGO minifigures intersting is the variation of combat styles. It is just like releasing the first MMOG as a test-run to see if they other on will be better.
I agree with you though I hadn't thought it through that far! I felt like Chima was a story that you played through with other people. LU on the other hand felt like more of a build your own story type of game. I hope that minifigures would be more like LU in that respect.
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:07 pm

unitx10 wrote:
shafirsabbag wrote:
I agree with you though I hadn't thought it through that far! I felt like Chima was a story that you played through with other people. LU on the other hand felt like more of a build your own story type of game. I hope that minifigures would be more like LU in that respect.
From the gameplay i has seen, is it pretty much like Chima with some more added details with the graphics and attacks, but i am intersted to see the differences between Chima and this game.

Yes, i agree with you. The story is, in my opinion, the only thing that i like with the game. You get to see the characters personalities through the dialoges, and get bit by bit more information is always intersting. Except LEGO Undercover, is Chima online the only LEGO game, i can remember, were we get a chance to see the characters personalities during the dialogue. All the other times were the characters just giving you information, but we never got to see there interaction and thoughts during the game. Plus Regull makes a appearance in the series too, were we get to see his backstory, and his voice is really funny.

The only downfall with the game is that you NEED friends to complete the game, trust me i has tried. Without friends you won´t have an easy time completting the game. With LU did you have a choice, since the enemies wasn´t as tough since the weapons was easier to acquire. At least 70% used the fraction weapons in LU.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play and Members Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm

You are so right about needing others to complete chima, I find that somewhat annoying as I have to make sure that my little bro is leveled up before we go to the next area. From the game play videos I've seen of Minifigures other people will be needed, meaning if there is no one online, you are stuck! I think it's horrible you don't get a character customizer! Even one custom dude would make the game, like, 20 times better!
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm

I think that video games are not really games anymore. It's like with a board game or a card game. If everyone makes the same board game, there is no variety. People are just making a game because they can, not because they want variety or a good experience. The only good thing I can think of for the Minifigures and Chima games, is that they are made in Unity, so you can easily modify it and access tools than normal players can't. Obviously, you might get banned if you do that, but it's just a thought. Razz (Whoops, I'm breaking the rules "discussing hacking, etc." Laughing
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:39 pm

rioforce wrote:I think that video games are not really games anymore. It's like with a board game or a card game. If everyone makes the same board game, there is no variety. People are just making a game because they can, not because they want variety or a good experience. The only good thing I can think of for the Minifigures and Chima games, is that they are made in Unity, so you can easily modify it and access tools than normal players can't. Obviously, you might get banned if you do that, but it's just a thought. Razz (Whoops, I'm breaking the rules "discussing hacking, etc." Laughing
Hacking Chima online? I had no idea. There is just one way to find out, even though i has no clue how. You know, would it not be much more fun to create a game than actually playing it? To create your own world, your own universe.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:42 pm

It'd be easyer with Minifigures download. And it's not hacking, its modding! Wink Wink 
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:43 pm

Yeah, like having LEGO as Kingdom Hearts characters. LEGO should release a LEGO-version of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:46 pm

Don't know what either of those are, but hey, sounds good to me! I've always wanted to build a game, never knew how.
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:48 pm

unitx10 wrote:Don't know what either of those are, but hey, sounds good to me! I've always wanted to build a game, never knew how.
Well theoraticlly it is pretty simple. Get a pen and piece of paper and draw your own world. If you can draw it, and with a little assistance, you can even model it digitally. It is all within the imagination.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:54 pm

Can't draw at all! We are so off topic!
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:55 pm

unitx10 wrote:Can't draw at all! We are so off topic!
Yeah, we are. That is what is good with the human kind. We can practice and get better over time.
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Thu 14 Nov 2013, 4:34 pm

BACK ON TOPIC, OR ELSE! Mad  (Just kidding. Razz )

Well, I've never actually modded Chima online, but I've seen pictures (won't mention who or he might get lots of PMs. Razz ). I'd much rather make my own game, that or re-open LEGO Universe. I think that creativity is key, and the computer is a good medium for creativity (because you can do anything you want). But real LEGO is always the best medium. Smile

@shafirsabbag Technically, you don't need to know how to draw to become a good 3D Artist. If you sketch it it helps, but as long as you know what you sketched, that's all that counts. I cannot draw very well, but I can model stuff in 3D. Very Happy

Ok, now back on topic (unless you have a reply for me. Razz )
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta LEGO Minifigures Online Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Thu 14 Nov 2013, 4:45 pm

rioforce wrote:BACK ON TOPIC, OR ELSE! Mad  (Just kidding. Razz )

Well, I've never actually modded Chima online, but I've seen pictures (won't mention who or he might get lots of PMs. Razz ). I'd much rather make my own game, that or re-open LEGO Universe. I think that creativity is key, and the computer is a good medium for creativity (because you can do anything you want). But real LEGO is always the best medium. Smile

@shafirsabbag Technically, you don't need to know how to draw to become a good 3D Artist. If you sketch it it helps, but as long as you know what you sketched, that's all that counts. I cannot draw very well, but I can model stuff in 3D. Very Happy

Ok, now back on topic (unless you have a reply for me. Razz )
I take the first option, about creating the game. It gives more oppurtunities and it is honestly more entertaining and creative in my opinon.

I cannot model, but I can draw fairly good to make the object seen in a neat way. I do not know what you identify as "sketch", but I will make it as clear as possible. Could you, if i draw the object, model it and put it in the game engine?
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:47 am

That's not on topic. We need a new page to continue this discussion.
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:51 am

rioforce wrote:Well, I've never actually modded Chima online, but I've seen pictures (won't mention who or he might get lots of PMs. Razz ).
Who is it?
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Closed Beta Signups - LEGO Minifigures Online - Page 2 Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:26 am

Sim533 wrote:
rioforce wrote:Well, I've never actually modded Chima online, but I've seen pictures (won't mention who or he might get lots of PMs. Razz ).
Who is it?
I thought it was you, since you are the only one i know on this forum that knows coding from Chima Online.
unitx10 wrote:That's not on topic. We need a new page to continue this discussion.
Agreed, any ideas in which category the topic should be in?
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:33 am

I could always split this topic, but I don't know what I would call it. Razz
rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by shafirsabbag Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:35 am

rioforce wrote:I could always split this topic, but I don't know what I would call it. Razz
May be "brainstorm LEGO-fan game creation"
shafirsabbag
shafirsabbag
Sentinel Graduate
Sentinel Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:36 am

Just move it to general discussion of minifigures
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim533 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 11:59 am

Still nothing, and it's the day before the presentation.
Sim533
Sim533
Sentinel Squire
Sentinel Squire

Back to top Go down

Post by unitx10 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 12:29 pm

The days not over yet Sim!
unitx10
unitx10
Assembly Graduate
Assembly Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by rioforce Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:35 am

rioforce
rioforce
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next