LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D

3 posters

Go down

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D Empty Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Fri 02 Jul 2010, 5:34 pm

Check dis out:

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D 10
Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D More10

What you are looking at are two references to Mac-compatible LEGO Universe components - a type of patcher update, and some coding referring to a Mac version. (Mysteriously under the ".exe" format, although the patcher calls for the ".app" format...)

Here is a folder with the files I've found quite interesting. If you have a Mac, you're welcome to check them out.

DO NOT SHARE THESE FILES WITH ANYONE ELSE! They are for TRUSTED betas ONLY!

*Removed

New files will be added as they are found.

And yes, I am allowed to do this so long as only trusted beta testers that I have met in game are the only ones who see it. Razz

LegoFan101~

Last edited by FD_LegoFan101 on Fri 22 Oct 2010, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D Empty Re: Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D

Post by Hobino Fri 02 Jul 2010, 7:31 pm

Interesting, it's quite possible because there polishing the game too. Even if I don't have any Mac, it's a big update for beta testers that use Mac.
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D Empty Re: Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D

Post by FD_agentminky Sat 03 Jul 2010, 3:06 am

That's really good! I use a mac, so I have to use parallels (virtual machine) to play.

However, in the link you provided on your blog I think it said something about the mac version being powered by cider. I think Cider is a "on the cloud" service (it's all hosted on the internet), and I'm a bit reticent about using these services.
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Sat 03 Jul 2010, 7:14 am

I wouldn't worry about it.

Trust me, if LEGO uses it (not to mention other games like Spore - we would have heard if there was anything wrong with it by now) I'm pretty sure it's trustworthy. Wink

I just contacted LEGO about it. They're still being vague about it.

I just find it odd that they have the components to update the Mac program ready - and running. Razz

BTW, does Parallels make weird popping sounds with the incoming audio for you? I tried out the new intro (offline portion) yesterday, and it sounded like popcorn in a popcorn maker. 0.o
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D Empty LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_agentminky Sat 03 Jul 2010, 9:45 am

FD_LegoFan101 wrote:I wouldn't worry about it.

Trust me, if LEGO uses it (not to mention other games like Spore - we would have heard if there was anything wrong with it by now) I'm pretty sure it's trustworthy. Wink

I just contacted LEGO about it. They're still being vague about it.

I just find it odd that they have the components to update the Mac program ready - and running. Razz

BTW, does Parallels make weird popping sounds with the incoming audio for you? I tried out the new intro (offline portion) yesterday, and it sounded like popcorn in a popcorn maker. 0.o

Still, I'm still a bit concerned about a few security and practical issues, but I guess I'll have to do a bit more research. Smile.

In response to your other question, I have't played LU for a short while now, and I'm just off to do so. I'll edit the post when I'm finished. Smile

EDIT: Just remembered, no test session this weekend. However, I did see the intro, and encountered no popping. What I did see, though, was the menu strangely flickering on and off.
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Closed-Beta for Macs - Coming as Soon as NEXT WEEK! :D Empty

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_LegoFan101 Sun 04 Jul 2010, 4:26 pm

I've been fooling around with figuring out how to get it to work...

But so far, I've not come across anything useful.

I don't think we'll be able to get early access to a Mac version, but I'll keep trying. Smile
LegoFan101~
PS. The version I might get to work will PROBABLY require you to have the LEGO Universe files - which I can't share, since they're over 6 GB in size. 0.o
FD_LegoFan101
FD_LegoFan101
The Rhythmatist
The Rhythmatist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down