LEGO Universe News! Forums
Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the LEGO Universe News! Forums!

While registration is not required, it will unlock the ability to join in the discussion, send private messages to users, see additional topics, and more! We do not ask for personal information upon registration such as your date of birth, phone number, real name, or physical address - only a valid email is required for registration. We will never share your information with others or use for purposes other than LEGO-related news, issues regarding your account, or news regarding the forum.

If you register, you can have a blast with some bricks on the LEGO Universe News Forums!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any advice on Lego stop motion animation?

3 posters

Go down

Any advice on Lego stop motion animation? Empty Any advice on Lego stop motion animation?

Post by FD_agentminky Wed 30 Jun 2010, 3:34 am

I'm currently making a Lego Stop motion animation - one I probably won't be able to post here, as its about an election (Political discussion isn't allowed, correct?), and while it doesn't contain any actual political parties, or for that matter talking, I can see how the fact its about an election it could lead into a bit of a political mudslinging match.

Anyway, to get to the point, has anyone here done a Lego animation? If so do they have any advice?

Thanks! Very Happy
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Any advice on Lego stop motion animation? Empty

Back to top Go down

Any advice on Lego stop motion animation? Empty Re: Any advice on Lego stop motion animation?

Post by Hobino Wed 30 Jun 2010, 9:42 am

I did a lot of LEGO stop motion animation, but I only uploaded a few on the web.

There a few things you should begin with if you want to have a really good animation:
1-You need a good camera that can be control manuly. So, you can ajust the focus youself.
2-Tripod, or somewhere really stable, so you camera doesn't move always.
3- Editing program, anything will do the work, just be sure you have something!

After, when you take the frames, you need to be carefull and take the most image possible if you want something really fluid. And, if you can, don't take the light of outside, but have some spot, because the light of outside is always changing. Oh, something else yould be to tape you LEGO baseplate on a table so it's doesn't move while you taking frame.

I heard you maybe have Adobe Fireworks, so maybe you buy the complete suite, if so, you should use Adobe Premiere for your editing program and if you want to make cool stuff to add in your animation I sujest you try Adobe After Effect.

While doing you stop motion animation, you will see that there always little things that are not perfect and problems in filming and editing.

Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Any advice on Lego stop motion animation? Empty Re: Any advice on Lego stop motion animation?

Post by FD_agentminky Fri 02 Jul 2010, 3:31 am

Thanks for the advice, Hobino! I'll keep it in mind. Very Happy.
FD_agentminky
FD_agentminky
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobino Fri 02 Jul 2010, 7:29 pm

No problem, I hope you will be happy of your animation!
Hobino
Hobino
Founder
Founder

LEGO Universe Free-to-Play LEGO Universe Closed Beta

Back to top Go down

Post by FD_Grizzly10513 Fri 13 Aug 2010, 10:58 am

I have two other pieces of advice:
1. dont overdo it. In other words, start out small then get fancier as your animating skills Dprogress.
2. Oh, and take your time. If you rush you'll get something as bad as the Malan Chronicles teaser, or worse!
FD_Grizzly10513
FD_Grizzly10513
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down